- PRESIDENTIAL PATENTS
Patent Preparation & Prosecution
Chicago Federal Courthouse, across the street from our Firm
Beem patent attorneys prepare and file U.S. patent applications, international (PCT) applications, foreign national applications (through a broad network of international associates) and U.S. national filings for foreign associates in many countries.
Throughout the patent application process: from a search for prior art, to drafting of a utility or design application, to filing an application, and to prosecution and appeals; Beem patent attorneys bring experience and commitment to delivering the best possible services for our clients.
Beem patent attorneys thoroughly reviewing each invention, working closely with the inventor (or referring attorney) to gain detailed disclosure about the invention and to explore all aspects of the invention. This process of “front loading” the application enables Beem patent attorneys to explore the broadest claims and to draft patents with a comprehensive view of the invention and to provide deterrence for infringements.
In international patent matters, Beem Patent Law Firm files international patent applications through the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) and an extensive network of attorneys in practically every country of the world. We work with well-respected and trustworthy foreign patent attorneys through our work with the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
Patent Law Application Services
- Patent Searches
- Provisional Patent Applications
- Utility Patent Applications
- Design Patent Applications
- Prosecution (Responding to Office Actions)
- Appeals After USPTO Final Rejection
Beem Patent Law Firm patent application services provide:
- Business focus to help companies protect exclusive new products and services that drive increased market share, revenues and margin
- Highly trained staff of technical specialists (engineers) who know how to communicate and collaborate peer to peer with inventors and scientists to produce sound technical descriptions, drawings and claims
- Internal quality review process to ensure a thorough application with the best legally effective (broad) claims allowable over the prior art
- Quick turnaround of invention disclosures, preparing and filing detailed patent applications
- Delivery of quality drafts and applications on-time; having flexibility in critical situations to deliver on short notice
- Targeted responses to office actions, frequently conducting interviews with examiners for better communication and mutual understanding, to "advance" the prosecution of applications, and
- Cost estimates and billing that client’s can depend upon, with fixed prices for most patent preparation and prosecution .
A patent application is a request pending at a patent office for the grant of a patent
for the invention described and claimed by that application.
Patent prosecution is the process of "negotiating" or "arguing" with a patent office for the grant of a patent, and interaction with a patent office with regard to a patent after its grant.
Patent prosecution is distinct from patent litigation which relates to legal proceedings for infringement of a patent after it is granted.
Click on figure to view patent